Our Abrail 2022 exhibition was held at Abingdon and Witney college (OX14 1GG) on Saturday 19th March 2022. Below are a couple of great youtube videos of the day, captured by visitors:
Abrail 2022 will in the Abingdon campus of Abingdon and Witney College. The map below should show the location; OX14 1GG for SatNav users. The entrance to the car park is from Wootton Road. The venue offers catering, free parking, and wheelchair access.
New for this year we have an option to buy tickets in advance (with a discount).
Tickets are available on the door for £10. We will this year be accepting card and cash.
We have a good selection of layouts this year, ranging from the large and impressive Old Elms Road to the ever popular interactive ‘Sodor Island’. We are also honoured this year to have a debut layout, in the form of Margam Moor, an extensive but intricate model of a south Wales iron and steel works.
- Old Elms Road Large – BR(W) layout set in the late 50s/early 60s
- Margam Moor (debut!) – Large model of the Port Talbot combined iron and steelworks
- Reunited Biscuits – A ‘broken biscuits’ repair factory set in the industrial North.
- A Remote Depot – Modern image ballast loading facility, with a fleet of radio controlled vehicles
- New Walmington Pier – Depicting a small Edwardian pier tramway with a working carousel.
- Buckleigh – A quintessential GWR branch line station based on Cadeleigh
- Inselbahn Langeoog – A modern day ferry terminal railway in Northern Germany
- Burton Bradstock – A fictional BR(W) branch line terminus in Dorset in the 1950s
- Leicester Belgrave Road – ADRMC’s large representation of a station in the steam and diesel crossover
- Sodor Island – A Thomas themed layout where kids (and adults) can drive the trains!
- Wood Street – Inspired by shunting yards found in many towns and cities until the ’70s
- Afon Adit – Modern day Welsh gold mining!
- Loch Watif – Modern day narrow gauge in the West Highlands of Scotland.
- Lego city, Abingdon – A freelance lego layout
- Upperton – N-gauge – A fictional location south west of Salisbury set in the 1960s.
We are still confirming details with a few layouts, and we expect ~15 layouts in total.
Confirmed traders are:
- JB’s Model World – Specialised stock storage boxes
- NC Butler – Paints and scenic accessories
- Neil Cresswell Model Railways – New and second hand models
- Sunningwell Command Control – DCC expertise
- Isinglass Models – 3d kits and scale drawings
- Brunswick railways – Tools and scenic accessories
- Kevin’s trains – New and second hand models
We are still confirming details with a few traders, and we expect ~10 traders.
- Medway Queen Preservation Society
- Pendon Museum